Terms of service
Certain areas of the Site and your access to certain Services may have different terms and conditions posted or may require you to agree with and accept additional terms and conditions. If there is a conflict between these Terms and the terms and conditions posted for a specific area of the Site or for specific Services, the latter terms and conditions shall take precedence with respect to your use of or access to that area of the Site or Services.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE OR SERVICES OR BY SELLING OR PURCHASING A WORK ON OR THROUGH THE SITE OR SERVICES OR BY POSTING ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH THE SITE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, THEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE OR SERVICES. If you accept or agree to these Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms and, in such event, "you" and "your" will refer and apply to that company or other legal entity.
Galerie les Noms reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, discontinue or terminate the Site or Services or to modify these Terms, at any time and without prior notice. If we modify these Terms, we will post the modification on the Site or provide you with notice of the modification. We will also update the "Last Updated Date". By continuing to access or use the Site or Services after we have posted a modification on the Site or have provided you with notice of a modification, you are indicating that you agree to be bound by the modified Terms. If the modified Terms are not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to cease using the Site and Services.
The Site and Services are intended solely for persons who are 18 or older. Any access to or use of the Site or Services by anyone under 18 is expressly prohibited. By accessing or using the Site or Services you represent and warrant that you are 18 or older.
In order to list a work on the Site or to make a purchase through the Site, (other than users who utilize the guest checkout option), you must first create an account ("Account") by completing our registration process. During the registration process you will be required to provide certain information and you will establish a username and a password. Upon completion of our registration process or by utilizing our guest checkout option you will become a "Member." You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and to update such information to keep it accurate, current and complete. Galerie Les Noms reserves the right to suspend or terminate your Account if any information provided during the registration process or thereafter proves to be inaccurate, not current or incomplete. You are responsible for safeguarding your password. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party and to take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your Account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify Galerie Les Noms of any unauthorized use of your Account.
Purchaser Terms and Conditions
Purchases of Original Works of Art
As a Member, you may purchase Original Works of Art that are listed on the Site. When you purchase such an Original Work of Art through the Site and Services, you are purchasing the work from Galerie Les Noms Prices for Original Works of Art will be as specified on the applicable listing. You acknowledge that prices do not include shipping and handling charges or applicable Taxes (defined below), if any, for which you are responsible and which will be separately identified on your receipt. Galerie Les Nomes and/or its third party service providers will collect your billing and shipping information and process your payment. The terms and conditions of Galerie Les Noms then-current Return Policy apply to any Original Works of Art that you purchase through the Site and Services. When you purchase Original Works of Art via Online Sales (other than via the Site and Services) such purchases will be subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable Online Sales channels which will be presented to you at the time of purchase.
Purchases of Printed Works
As a Member, you may purchase Printed Works that are listed on the Site. Prices for Printed Works will be as specified on the applicable listing. You acknowledge that prices do not include shipping and handling charges or applicable Taxes (defined below), if any, for which you are responsible and that will be separately identified on your receipt. When you purchase Printed Works through the Site and Services, Galerie Les Noms and its third party service providers will collect your billing and shipping information, process your payment and ship the Printed Works directly to you. The terms and conditions of Galerie Les Noms then-current Return Policy apply to any Printed Works that you purchase through the Site and Services. When you purchase Printed Works via Online Sales (other than via the Site and Services) and Offline Sales such purchases will be subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable Online Sales and Offline Sales channels which will be presented to you at the time of purchase.
Galerie Les Noms reserves the right to cancel any order for an Original Work of Art or Printed Work placed via the Site and Services if Galerie Les Noms determines, in its sole discretion, that the item is mispriced, out of stock, discontinued, or otherwise unavailable at the price listed via the Site and Services. If Galerie Les Noms cancels an order placed via the Site and Services, Galerie Les Noms will send you an email confirmation of such cancellation and you will not be charged for your order.
All prices, commissions, fees and other amounts referred to in these Terms, including any prices, commissions and fees set forth on the Site, are stated in U.S. dollars and do not include any sales, use, value added ("VAT"), goods and services ("GST") or similar taxes or withholding taxes or any customs, duties or tariffs that may be assessed by any governmental tax authority or that are otherwise payable under applicable law with respect to the purchase, sale and licensing transactions contemplated hereunder (collectively, "Taxes").
If you are a purchaser of Original Works and/or Printed Works, you acknowledge that Galerie Les Noms will add Taxes to the amounts charged, as a separate charge, when required or when allowed to do so. Each party will be responsible for complying with any and all obligations imposed on it under applicable law with respect to the collection and payment of any Taxes. Each party will cooperate with the other party, and furnish the other party with any customary written documentation or forms required under applicable law to enable the other party to comply with such obligations or to exercise any rights available under applicable law to minimize or to qualify for an exemption from any such obligations.
You understand and agree that Galerie Les Noms uses commercially reasonable efforts to display the colors of Original Works of Art, Digital Works and Printed Works accurately via the Site and Services. However, because individual computer monitors may display colors differently, Galerie Les Noms is not responsible for the color accuracy of any Original Works of Art, Digital Works or Printed Works displayed on the Site and Services, and disclaims all liability in this regard.
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Site and Services ("Feedback"). You may submit Feedback by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You acknowledge and agree that all Feedback will be the sole and exclusive property of Galerie Les Noms and you hereby irrevocably assign to Galerie les Noms and agree to irrevocably assign to Galerie Les Noms all of your right, title and interest in and to all Feedback, including without limitation all worldwide patent rights, copyright rights, trade secret rights, and other proprietary or intellectual property rights therein. At Galerie Les Noms request and expense, you will execute documents and take such further acts as Galerie Les Noms may reasonably request to assist Galerie Les Noms to acquire, perfect and maintain its intellectual property rights and other legal protections for the Feedback.
In addition to submitting listings for Original Works of Art and Digital Works, Galerie Les Noms may, in its sole discretion, designate areas of the Site in which Members can post, upload, publish or submit text, graphics, audio, video, images of works of art or other content on or to the Site (individually or collectively, "Member Content").
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for any Member Content that you make available on or through the Site. You represent and warrant that: (i) you are the sole and exclusive owner of all Member Content that you make available on the Site or that you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases that are necessary to make available such Member Content and to grant all rights and licenses in such Member Content as granted under these Terms; and (ii)neither the Member Content nor your making available any Member Content on the Site nor any use of any Member Content as permitted under these Terms will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party's patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
Galerie Les Noms may also make available through the Site and Services text, graphics, audio, video and images of works of art (collectively, "Galerie Les Noms Content"), some of which is owned by Galerie Les Noms ("Galerie Les Noms -owned Content"), and some of which is made available under license by a third party ("Galerie Les Noms-licensed Content"). Galerie Les Noms authorizes you to download, view and print Galerie les Nomes-owned Content" solely for your personal use in visiting the Site and, if you are a Member, in connection with exercising the rights granted to Members under these Terms. For Galerie Les Noms Licensed Content, the scope of your rights thereto will be solely as set forth in the applicable license agreement that governs the use of such content, as identified on the page of the Site where such content appears. Nothing in these Terms is intended to modify, restrict or limit the scope of your rights as to such Galerie Les Noms Licensed Content. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by Galerie Les Noms or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in these Terms.
You agree not to do any of the following:
- Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any text, graphics, images, software, music, audio, video, information or other material that: (i)infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party's patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v)promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; (vii) harms minors in any way; or (viii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Site, or any individual element within the Site, Galerie Les Noms name, any Galerie Les Noms trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without Galerie les Noms express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site, Saatchi Art's computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Galerie les Noms providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any Galerie les Noms system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Galerie les Noms or any of Galerie les Noms providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Site, Services, Galerie les Noms Content or Member Content;
- Attempt to access or search the Site, Services, Galerie les Noms Content or Member Content or download Galerie les Noms Content or Member Content from the Site or Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Galerie Les Noms or other generally available third party web browsers;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Galerie Les Noms trademark, logo URL or product name without Galerie Les Noms express written consent;
- Use the Site, Services, Galerie les Noms Content or Member Content for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third party in any manner not otherwise permitted by these Terms;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Site, Services, Galerie les noms Content or Member Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site, Services, Galerie les Noms Content or Member Content;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Site;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Site or Services from other users of the Site or Services without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
Galerie les Noms will have the right to investigate and prosecute violations of any of the above to the fullest extent of the law. Galerie les Noms may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who violate these Terms. You acknowledge that Galerie les Noms has no obligation to monitor your access to or use of the Site or Services or to remove any Member Content, but has the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Site and Services, to ensure your compliance with these Terms, or to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental body. Galerie les Noms reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to any Member Content, listings for Original Works of Art or Digital Works, Galerie les Noms Content or any other text, graphics, images, software, music, audio, video, information or other content or material that Galerie les Noms, at its sole discretion, considers to be objectionable, in violation of these Terms or otherwise harmful to the Site or Services.